Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Christine Robisch, San Francisco senior vice, president and area manager, Kaiser Permanente - San Francisco Business Times:

modestofyeyko.blogspot.com
First job: Substance abuse counselor in San Joaquin as agraduate student. Education: B.A. in psychology from Gonzagaw University; M.A. in psychology, with an emphasis on behaviorap medicine, from University of the Pacific. Danville. Best way to keep competitive Asa leader, I need to stay current on what’z happening in the broader marketplace, and with health-care reform. Guidintg principle: Ensuring that we do the righf thing, the best thing for our If you focuson quality, it leadss to efficiency and to affordable health care. Yardsticj of success: I always ask myself as I’nm driving home, “Did I make a positive difference forsomeone today, on a personal level?
” For the “Are we better as an organization todayg than we were yesterday?” Goal yet to be I would really like to see universal health care come to Best business decision: After 12 years in health-care operations, I had the opportunity to go into human relations, which enabled me to learb how unions work, the importance of involving your the importance of investing in the front end of any change, of gettingt people involved. Worst business decision: When circumstancesz haven’t gone as I think they should have, it’s usually because I didn’t pull together the righr team for aparticular task.
Toughestf business decision: I had to lead the closure of a facilityy I had opened severapl years priorto that. It was the righty business decision, but it was still difficult. Bigges missed opportunity: I don’t look at things as misseds opportunities. My grandmother used to say thatyou don’gt get to walk both sides of the streett at the same time. Mentor: My greatest mentors were my parents, who taught me to believe in Word that bestdescribes you: Like best about job: Working in a value-driven businesxs and organization. Like least abou t job: Reading 150 emails a day. Pet Starting meetings late.
Most important lesson Everything isin moments, and you only get one at a Most respected competitor: There are a lot of greatr organizations out there, like the Cleveland Clinic and HealthPartners in Three greatest passions: Spendingh time with family and friends, my work and goinhg to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment