Monday, September 24, 2012

Profiles in Investing: Enzo Pellegrino - San Antonio Business Journal:

titus-neither.blogspot.com
He remembers his first a single mother with two children concernef about saving enough money for her children to goto “I really took it on myself to make sure she was goinbg to be going in the right direction,” he “She asked me to make sure she had enoug h for her children to get the type of education she Today, she’s still one of Pellegrino’as clients with the firm he started threer years ago, Texas Legacy Wealth And her son is starting collegew — as well as his own accoun t with Pellegrino’s firm. Age is no longer a factorf Pellegrino hasto defend.
Growing his business through he now hasover $80 million in assets underr management with over 350 clients. How did Pellegrinoo build the firm? “I built my practicee doing educational workshops on retirement he says. “I took one client on at a time.” Clientse still don’t need to have a minimum of asseta to be advised bythe firm, although Pellegrino says he personallhy works with those who have over $1 millionn in assets. “We try hard to not put an investmentg minimum onthe relationship,” he says. The firm even takese a limited number of clients without fees in an effort to help people ofall means.
“We don’r judge the value of a client basef ontheir worth,” he says abour Texas Legacy Wealth Management, which works through the broker/dealeer LPL Financial. He credits valuezs his parents — both entrepreneurd — taught him with his own business “My motivation and one of the biggest assets I brin to the tableis (my clients) reallh know I’m going to work as hard as possible,” he “That was really instilled in me from my Just watching them and their work ethic really rubbefd off on me.” Pellegrino recently talked with the Business Journal about his business and his Position Company Education : B.A.
in Banking Finance, Family : Wife, Kristy Age On growingy up: My father grew up in Italy and moved to the Uniter States when he was 12years old. He joinedx the military and was stationedin Killeen, where he met my mother. I was born and raisefd in Killeen. Both my motheer and father are self-made business My father currently owns a commerciak and residential construction company in which he designs and buildd custom residential and commercial propertyin Austin. My mothedr has owned a beauty spa in Killeebn for20 years.
On becomingv interested in finance: I guess you couldc say my financial interest beganearlyg on, as my mother has pictures of me puttin money in my piggy bank as a kid, and says I woulcd never take money out of my piggy bank. Growing up I learned many valuable lessonsz including the value ofa dollar, the importance of building long-term relationships, and throughn hard work and dedication goals, that can be I remembering saving half of every pay check, whichg eventually allowed me to purchase my first car. It was this disciplined approached that was instilled in me as a young boy, which I see is a key objectivse when planning for my clients.
It’s a mattert of setting goals and bringing them to As a teenager in thelate ’90s the markey was the talk of the town. My father encouraged me to help him researc h companies andfollow them. It was only a mattetr of time before I structured my universityt courses to pave the way to begij my career as awealth adviser.

No comments:

Post a Comment